God reneweth the blessing of multiplication, 3 alloweth the eating of flesh, but not of bloud 8. promiseth neuer againe to destroy the world by water 22. Cham saw, and reported his fathers nakednes, which Sem and Iapheth couered. 24. For which he his cursed, and they are blessed.
1. And God blessed Noe and his sonnes. And he said to them: Increase, & multiplie, and replenish the earth.
2. And your terror and dread be it vpon al the beasts of the earth, and vpon al the foules of the ayre, with al that moue vpon the earth: al the fishes of the sea are deliuered to your hand.
3. And al that moueth, and liueth shal be yours for meat: euen as the grene herbes haue I deliuered al to you.
4. Sauing that flesh with bloud you shal not eate.
5. For I wil require the bloud of your soules at the hands of al beasts: and at the hand of man, at the hand of eech man, and of his brother, wil I require the soule of man.
6. Who soeuer shal sheed mans bloud, his bloud shal be shed: for to the image of God man was made.
7. But increase you and multiplie, and goe vpon the earth, and fil it.
8. Thus also said God to Noe, and to his sonnes with him:
9. Behold I wil establish my couenant with you, and with your seede after you:
10. and with euerie liuing soule, that is with you, as wel in al foules as in cattle & beasts of the earth that are come forth out of the arke, and in al beasts of the earth.
11. I wil establish my couenant with you, and al flesh shal be no more destroyed with the waters of a floud, neither shal there be from henceforth a floud to wast the earth.
12. And God said: This is the signe of the couenant which I geue betwen me and you, and betwen euerie liuing soule, that is with you, for perpetual generations:
13. my bowe wil I set in the clouds, and it shal be the signe of a couenant betwen me and betwen the earth.
14. And when I shal couer the element with cloudes, my bowe shal appeare in the cloudes:
15. and I shal remember my couenant with you, and with euerie liuing soule that beareth flesh: and there shal no more be waters of a floud, to distroy al flesh.
16. And my bowe shal be in the cloudes, and I shal see it, and I shal remember the euerlasting couenant, that was made betwen God and euerie liuing soule of al flesh which is vpon the earth.
17. And God said to Noe: This shal be the signe of the couenant, which I established, betwen me & al flesh of the earth.
18. The sonnes therfore of Noe, that came out of the arke, were Sem, Cham, and Iaphet: and Cham he is the father of Chanaan.
19. These three are the sonnes of Noe: and of these was al mankind spred ouer the whole earth.
20. And Noe a husbandman began to til the grounde, and planted a vineyard.
21. And drinking of the wine was made drunke, and naked in his tabernacle.
22. Which when Cham the father of Chanaan, had seene, to wit that his fathers priuities were bare, he told it to his two bretheren abroad.
23. But in dede Sem and Iapheth put a cloake vpon their shoulders, and going backward, couered the priuities of their father: and their faces were turned away, and they sawe not their fathers priuities.
24. And Noe awaking from the wine, when he had learned what his younger sonne had done to him,
25. he said: Cursed be Chanaan, a seruant of seruantes shal he be vnto his bretheren.
26. And he said: Blessed be the Lord God of Sem, Chanaan be his seruant.
27. God enlarge Iapheth, and dwel he in the tabernacles of Sem, and Chanaan be his seruant.
28. And Noe liued after the floud three hundred fiftie yeares.
29. And al his dayes were in the whole nyne hundred fiftie yeares: and he died.