The genealogie of Noes children, by whom the world was increased againe, after the floud.
1. These are the generations of the sonnes of Noe, Sem, Cham, and Iapheth: and children were borne to them after the floud.
2. The children of Iapheth: Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Iauan, and Thubal, and Mosoch, and Thiras.
3. Moreouer the children of Gomer: Ascenez and Riphath and Thogorma.
4. And the sonnes of Iauan: Elisa and Tharsis, the Cetims and the Dodanims.
5. Of these were diuided the Iles of Nations in their countries, ech one according to his tongue and their families in their nations.
6. And the sonnes of Cham: Chus, and Mesraim, and Phut, and Chanaan.
7. And the sonnes of Chus: Saba, and Heuila, & Sabatha, and Regma, & Sabathaca. The sonnes of Regma: Saba, and Dadan.
8. Moreouer Chus begat Nemrod: he began to be mightie in the earth,
9. and he was a valiaunt hunter before our Lord. Therof rose a prouerbe: As it were Nemrod the valiaunt hunter before our Lord.
10. And the beginning of his kingdome was Babylon, and Arach, and Achad, and Chalanne in the land of Sennaar.
11. Out of that land came forth Assur, and builded Niniue, and the streets of the citie, and Chale.
12. Resen also betwen Niniue and Chale: this is the great citie.
13. But Mesraim also begat the Ludims, & the Anamims, & the Laabims, the Nephthuims,
14. and the Phetrusims, and the Casluims: of whom came forth the Philistims & the Caphtorims.
15. And Canaan begat Sidon his first begotten, Hethæus,
16. and Iebusæus, and Amorrhæus, and Gergesæus,
17. Heuæus and Aracæus: Sinæus,
18. and Aradius, Samaræus, and Hamathæus: and afterwardes were spred the people of the Chananits.
19. And the limitts of Chanaan were from Sidon as we come to Gerara euen to Gaza, vntil thou enter to Sodoma & Gomorrha, and Adama, & Seboim euen to Lesa.
20. These are the children of Cham in their kinreds, and tongues, and generations & lands, and nations.
21. Of Sem also father of al the children of Herber, the elder brother of Iapheth were borne.
22. The children of Sem: Ælam and Assur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
23. The children of Aram: Vs, and Hul, and Gether, and Mes.
24. And Arphaxad also begat Sale, of whom was borne Heber.
25. And to Heber were borne two sonnes: the name of the one was Phaleg, because that in his dayes was the earth diuided: and his brothers name was Iectan.
26. The which Iectan begat Elmodad, and Saleph, and Asarmoth, Iare,
27. and Aduram, and Vzal, and Decla,
28. and Ebal, and Abimael, Saba,
29. and Ophir, and Heuila, and Iobab. al these were the children of Iectan.
30. And their dwelling was from Messa as we goe on as far as Sephar a mountaine in the east.
31. These are the children of Sem according to their kinred and tongues, and countries in their nations.
32. These are the families of Noe, according to their peoples & nations. Of these were the nations diuided on the earth after the floud.