After the foundation laid in the salutation, 6. he exclaimeth against the Galatians, & their
False-Apostles, 11. considering that the Ghospel which he preached to them, he had it immediately
of Christ himself. 13. Which to shew he beinneth to tel the storie of his conuersion and preaching
since then, and that as he learned nothing of the other Apostles, so yet he had their approbation.
1. PAVL an Apostle not of men, neither by man, but by Iesvs Christ, and God the Father that raised him from the dead,
2. and al the Brethren that are with me; to the Churches of Galatia.
3. Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Iesvs Christ,
4. who gaue himself for our sinnes, that he might deliuer vs from this present wicked world, according to the wil of our God and Father:
5. to whom is glorie for euer and euer. Amen.
6. I maruel that thus so soon you are transferred from him that called you into the grace of Christ, vnto another Ghospel:
7. which is not another, vnles there be some that trouble you, and wil inuert the Ghospel of Christ.
8. But although we, or an Angel from Heauen, euangelize to you beside that which we haue euangelized to you, be he anathema.
9. As we haue said before, so now I say againe: If any euangelize to you, beside that which you haue receiued, be he anathema.
10. For doe I now vse persuasion to men, or to God? Or doe I seeke to please men? If I yet did please men, I should not be the seruant of Christ.
11. For I doe you to vnderstand, Brethren, the Ghospel that was euangelized of me, that it is not according to man.
12. For neither did I receiue it of man, nor learne it; but by the reuelation of Iesvs Christ.
13. For you haue heard my conuersation sometime in Iudaisme, that aboue measure I persecuted the Church of God, and expugned it,
14. and profited in Iudaisme aboue many of mine equales in my Nation, being more abundantly an emulatour of the traditions of my Fathers.
15. But when it pleased him that separated me from my mothers womb, and called me by his grace, to reueale his Sonne in me,
16. that I should euangelize him among the Gentils, incontinent I condescended not to flesh and bloud,
17. neither came I to Hierusalem to the Apostles my Antecessours: but I went into Arabia, and againe I returned to Damascus.
18. Then, after three yeares I came to Hierusalem to see Peter: and taried with him fifteen daies.
19. But other of the Apostles saw I none; sauing Iames the brother of our Lord.
20. And the things that I write to you; behold before God, that I lie not.
21. After that I came into the parts of Syria and Cilicia.
22. And I was vnknowen by sight to the Churches of Iewrie, that were in Christ:
23. but they had heard only, That he which persecuted vs sometime, doth now euangelize the faith which sometime he expugned:
24. and in me they glorified God.