He magnifieth the grace of Gods eternal predestination and temporal vocation, 11. both of the
Iewes, 13. and also of the Ephesus being Gentils. 15. For whose excellent faith and charitie he
reioyceth, and continually praieth for their increase, that they may see more clearely the
greatnes both of the inheritance in heauen, & also of God's might which helpeth them therevnto: 20.
and example of which might they may behold in the supereminent exalting of Christ.
1. PAVL an Apostle of Iesvs Christ by the wil of God: to al the Saints that are at Ephesus; & to the faithful in Christ Iesvs.
2. Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and our Lord Iesvs Christ.
3. Blessed be God and the Father of our Lord Iesvs Christ, which hath blessed vs in al spiritual blessing in celestials, in Christ:
4. as he chose vs in him before the constitution of the world, that we should be holy and immaculate in his sight in charitie.
5. Who hath predestinated vs vnto the adoption of sonnes, by Iesvs Christ, vnto himself; according to the purpose of his wil:
6. vnto the praise of the glorie of his grace, wherin he hath gratified vs in his beloued Sonne.
7. In whom we haue redemption by his bloud (the remission of sinnes) according to the riches of his grace.
8. Which hath superabounded in vs in al wisedom and prudence,
9. that he might make knowen vnto vs the sacrament of his wil, according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in himself,
10. in the dispensation of the fulnes of times, to perfit al things in Christ, that are in heauen and in earth, in him.
11. In whom we also are called by lot: predestinate according to the purpose of him that worketh al things, according to the counsel of his wil:
12. that we may be vnto the praise of his glorie, which before haue hoped in Christ:
13. in whom you also, when you had heard the word of truth (the Ghospel of your saluation) in which also beleeuing you were signed with the holy Spirit of promise,
14. which is the pledge of our inheritance, to the redemption of acquisition, vnto the praise of his glorie.
15. Therfore I also hearing your faith that is in our Lord Iesvs, and loue toward al the Saints,
16. cease not to giue thankes for you, making a memorie of you in my praiers,
17. that God of our Lord Iesvs Christ, the Father of glorie, giue you the spirit of wisedom and of reuelation, in the knowledge of him,
18. the eyes of your hart illuminated, that you may know what the hope is of his vocation, and what are the riches of the glorie of his inheritance in the Saints,
19. and what is the passing greatnes of his power toward vs that beleeue: according to the operation of the might of his power,
20. which he wrought in Christ, raising him vp from the dead, and setting him on his right hand in celestials
21. aboue al Principalitie & Protestate & Power, and Domination, & euery name that is named not only in this world, but also in that to come.
22. And he hath subdued al things vnder his feet: and hath made him Head ouer al the Church,
23. which is his body, the fulnes of him, which is filled in al.