1. AND it came to passe in that time, that Amraphel the king of Sennaar, and Arioch the king of Pontus, and Chodorlahomor king of the Elamyts, and Thadal the king of nacions
2. made warre against Barra the king of Sodome, and against Bersa the king of Gomorra, and against Sennaab the king of Adama, and against Semebar the king of Seboim, and against the king of Bala, the same is Segor.
3. Al these came together into the Woodland vale, which now is the salt sea.
4. For they had serued Chodorlamor twelue yeares, and the thirtenth yeare they reuolted from him.
5. Therfore in the fourtenth yeare came Chodorlahomor, and the king that were with him: and they stroke Raphaim in Astarothcarnaim, and Susim with them, and Emim in Sauee of Cariathaim,
6. and the Corrheans in the mountains of Seir, euen to the Champion countrie of Pharan, which is in the wildernes.
7. And they returned, and came as farre as the fountaine of Misphat, the same is Cades: and they stroke al the countrie of the Ameleichites, and of the Amorheans, that dwel in Assasonthamar.
8. And they went forth the king of Sodome, and the king of Gomorra, and the king of Adama, and the king of Seboim, moreouer also the king of Bala, which is Segor: and they set themselues against them in battaile aray in the Woodland vale:
9. to wit against Chodorlahomor king of the Elamites, and Chadal king of nacions, and Amraphel king of Sennaar, and Arioch king of Pontus: foure kings against fiue.
10. But the Woodland vale had many pitts of bitume. Therfore the king of Sodome, and of Gomorra turned their backes, and were ouerthrowne there: and they that remained fled to the mountaine.
11. And they tooke al the substance of the Sodomites, and Gomorrheans, and tooke al kind of victuales, and went their way:
12. and Lot also and his substance, the sonne of Abrams brother, who dwelled in Sodom.
13. And behold one, that had escaped, told Abram the Hebrew, that dwelt in the vale of Mambre, the Amorrean brother of Eschol, and the brother of Aner: for these had made a league with Abram.
14. Which when Abram had heard, to witt, that his brother Lot was taken, he numbred of the seruantes borne in his house, wel appointed three hundred and eightene: and pursued them vnto Dan.
15. And diuiding his companie, he ranne vpon them in the night: and stroke them, and pursued them vnto Hoba, which is on the left hand of Damascus.
16. And he brought backe al the substance, and Lot his brother with his substance, the wemen also and the people.
17. And the king of Sodom went forth to meete them, after he returned from the slaughter of Chodorlahomor, and of the kinges that were with him in the vale Sauee, which is the kings vale.
18. But Melchesidech the king of Salem, bringing forth bread and wine, for he was the Priest of God most highe,
19. blessed him, and said: Blessed be Abram to God the highest, which created heauen and earth:
20. and blessed be God the highest, by whose protection, the enemyes are in thy hands. And he gaue him the tythes of al.
21. And the king of Sodom said to Abram: Geue me the soules, and the rest take to thee.
22. Who answered him: I lift vp my hand to my Lord God most hiegh possessor of heauen and earth,
23. that from the very woofe-thread vnto the shoe latchet, I wil not take of al that are thine: lest thou say: I haue enriched Abram:
24. except such thinges, as the young men haue eaten, and the shares of the men, that came with me, Aner, Eschol, and Mambre: these shal take their shares.