1. LOVE iustice, you that iudge the earth. Thincke of our Lord in goodnes, and in simplicitie of hart seeke him:
2. because he is found of them, that tempt him not: and he appeareth to them, that have faith in him.
3. For peruerse cogitations separate from God: and proued powre chasteneth the vnwise:
4. because wisdom wil not enter into a malicious soule, nor dwel in a bodie subiect to sinnes.
5. For the Holie Ghost of discipline, wil flie from him that feyneth, and wil withdraw himselfe from the cogitations that are without vnderstanding, and he shal be chastened of iniquitie ensewing.
6. For the spirite of wisdom is gentle, and wil not deliuer the curser from his lippes: because God is witnes of his reynes, and he is a true searcher of his hart, and an hearer of his tongue.
7. Because the Spirite of our Lord hath replenished the whole world: and that, which contayneth al thinges, hath the knowledge of voice.
8. For this cause he that speaketh vniust thinges, can not be hid, neither shal the chastising iudgment passe him.
9. For in the cogitations of the impious there shal be examination: and the hearing of his workes shal come to God, to the chastising of his iniquities.
10. Because the eare of iealousie heareth al thinges, and the tumult of murmurings shal not be hid.
11. Kepe your selues therfore from murmuring, which profiteth nothing, and refraine your tongue from detraction, because an obscure speache shal not passe in vaine: and the mouth that lyeth, killeth the soule.
12. Zeale not death in the errour of your life, neither procure ye perdition by the workes of your handes.
13. Because God made not death, neither doth he reioyce in the perdition of the liuing.
14. For he created al thinges to be: and he made the nations of the earth to health: and there is no medicine of destruction in them, nor kingdome of hel in the earth.
15. (For iustice is perpetual and immortal.)
16. But the impious with handes & wordes haue prouoked it: and esteming it a friend, haue fallen to decay, and haue made couenantes with it: because they are worthie to be part therof.