4. S. Iohn weeping, because no man could open the booke sealed with seuen seales; 6. the Lamb
that was slaine, opened it: which being done, 8. the foure beasts and foure and twentie Seniours,
with an innumerable multitude of Angels and al creatures, did glorifie him exceedingly.
1. AND I saw in the right hand of him that sate vpon the throne, a booke written within and without, sealed with seuen seales.
2. And I saw a strong Angel, preaching with a loud voice: Who is worthie to open the booke, & to loose the seales thereof?
3. And no man was able neither in heauen nor in earth, nor vnder the earth, to open the booke, nor look on it.
4. And I wept much because no man was found worthie to open the booke, nor see it.
5. And one of the Seniours said to me: Weep not; behold the Lion of the Tribe of Iuda, the root of Dauid, hath won, to open to booke, and to loose the seuen seales thereof.
6. And I saw, and behold in the middes of the throne and of the foure beasts and in the middes of the Seniours, a Lamb standing as it were slaine, hauing seuen hornes & seuen eyes: which are the seuen Spirits of God, send into al the earth.
7. And he came, and receiued the booke out of the right hand of him that sate in throne.
8. And when he had opened the booke, the foure beasts and the foure and twentie Seniors fel before the Lamb, hauing euery one harps, and golden vials ful of odours, which are the praiers of Saints:
9. And they sang a new canticle, saying: Thou art worthie o Lord to take the booke, and to open the seales thereof: because thou wast slaine, and hast redeemed vs to God in thy bloud our of euery tribe and tongue and people and Nation,
10. and hast made vs to our God a Kingdom and Priests, and we shal reigne vpon the earth.
11. And I looked, and heard the voice of many Angels round about the throne, and of the beasts & of the Seniours: and the number of them was thousands of thousands,
12. saying with a loud voice: The Lamb that was slaine, is worthie to receiue power, and diuinitie, and wisedom, and strength, and honour, and glorie, and benediction.
13. And euery creature that is in heauen, and vpon the earth, and vnder the earth, and that are in the sea, and that are therein: al did I heare saying: To him that sitteth in the throne, and to the Lamb, benediction and honour and glorie and power for euer and euer.
14. And the foure beasts said, Amen. And the foure and twentie Seniours fel on their faces: and adored him that liueth for euer and euer.