1. Virgins follow the Lamb whithersoeuer, singing a new canticle. 6. One Angel euangelizeth
the Ghospel: 8. another Angel telleth the fal of Babylon: 9. the third declareth their torments
that haue adored the beast. Moreouer two hauing sickes, 15. one of them is commanded to reap
downe the corne, 18. the other to gather the grapes as in vintage, which are troden in the lake
of Gods wrath.
1. AND I looked, & behold a Lamb stood vpon mount Sion, & with him an hundred fourtie thousand hauing his name, and the name of his Father written in their foreheads.
2. And I heard a voice from heauen, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of great thunder: and the voice which I heard, as of harpers harping on their harps.
3. And they sang as it were a new song before the seat and before the foure beasts, and Seniours, & no man could say the song, but those hundred fourtie foure thousand, that were bought from the earth.
4. These are they which were not defiled with women. For they are virgins. These follow the Lamb whithersoeuer he shal goe. These were bought from among men, the first fruits to God and the Lambs:
5. and in their mouth there was found no lie. For they are without spot before the throne of God.
6. And I saw another Angel flying through the middes of heauen, hauing the eternal Ghospel, to euangelize vnto them that sit vpon the earth, and vpon the Nation, and Tribe, and tongue, and people;
7. saying with a loud voice: Feare our Lord, and giue him honour, because the houre of his iudgement is come: and adore ye him that made heauen and earth, the sea and al things that are in them, and the fountaines of waters.
8. And another Angel followed, saying: Fallen fallen is that great Babylon, which of wine of the wrath of her fornication made al Nations to drinke.
9. And the third Angel followed them, saying with a loud voice: If any man adore the beast and his image, and receiue the character in his forehead, or in his hand;
10. he also shal drinke of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mingled with pure wine in the cup of his wrath, and shal be tormented with fire & brimstone in the sight of the holy Angels and before the sight of the Lamb.
11. And the smoke of their torments shal ascend for euer and euer: neither haue they rest day and night which haue adored the beast, and his image, and if any man take the character of his name.
12. Here is the patience of Saints, which keep the commandements of God and the faith of Iesvs.
13. And I heard a voice from heauen, saying to me: Write, Blessed are the head which die in our Lord. From hence-forth now, saith the Spirit, that they rest from their labours. For their workes follow them.
14. And I saw, and behold a white cloud: and vpon the cloud one sitting like to the Sonne of man, hauing on his head a crowne of gold, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15. And another Angel came forth from the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sate vpon the cloud: Thrust in thy sickle, and reape, because the houre is come to reape, for the haruest of the earth is drie.
16. And he that sate vpon the cloud, thrust his sickle into the earth, and the earth was reaped.
17. And another Angel came forth from the temple which is in heauen, himself also hauing a sharp sickle.
18. And another Angel came forth from the altar, which had power ouer the fire: and he cired with a loud voice to him that had the sharp sickle, saying: Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clustters of the vineyard of the earth: because the grapes thereof be ripe.
19. And the Angel thrust his sharp sickle into the earth, and gathered the vineyard of the earth, & cast it into the great presse of the wrath of God:
20. and the presse was troden without the citie, and bloud came forth out of the presse, vp to the horse bridles, for a thousand sixe hundred furlongs.