S. Iohn measuring the Temple, 3. heareth of two witnesses that shal preach: 7. whom the beast
comming vo from the sea shal kil it. 11. But they rising againe ascend into heauen. 13. and seuen
thousand persons are slaine with an earthquake: 15. and at the sond of the seuenth Angel, the
foure and twentie Seniours giue praise and thankes to God.
1. AND there was giuen me a reed like vnto a rod: and it was said to me: Arise, and measure the Temple of God, and the altar, and them that adore in it.
2. But the court which is without the Temple, cast forth, & measure not that: because it is giuen to the Gentils, and they shal tread vnder-foot the holy citie two & fourtie months:
3. and I wil giue to my two witnesses, and they shal prophecie a thousand two hundred sixtie daies, clothed with sacke-clothes.
4. These are the two oliue trees & the two Candlesticks that stand in the sight of the Lord of the earth.
5. And if any man wil hurt them, fire shal come forth out of their mouthes, and shal deuoure their enemies. And if any man wil hurt them, so must he be slaine.
6. These haue power to shut heauen, that it raine not in the daies of their prophecie: and they haue power ouer the waters to turne them into bloud, and to strike the earth with al plague as often as they wil.
7. And when they shal haue finished their testimonie, the beast which ascendeth from the depth, shal make warre against them, and shal ouercome them, and kil them.
8. And their bodies shal lie in the streets of the great citie, which is called spiritually Sodom and Ægypt, where their Lord also was crucified.
9. And there shal of Tribes, and peoples, and tongues, and Gentils, see their bodies for three daies, and a halfe: and they shal not suffer their bodies to be laid in monuments.
10. And the inhabitants of the earth shal be glad vpon them, and make merie: and shal send guifts one to another, because these two Prophets tormented them that dwelt vpon the earth.
11. And after three daies and a halfe, the spirit of life from God entred into them. And they stood vpon their feet, and great feare fel vpon them that saw them.
12. And they heard a loud voice from heauen saying to them: Come vp hither. And they went vp into heauen in a cloud: and their enemies saw them.
13. And in that houre there was made a great earth-quake: and the tenth part of the citie fel: and there were slaine in the earth-quake names of men seuen thousand: and the rest were cast into a feare, and gaue glorie to the God of heauen.
14. The second woe is gone: and behold the third wor wil come quickly.
15. And the seuenth Angel sounded with a trompet: and there were made loud voices in heauen sauing, Thing kingdom of this world is made our Lords & his charitie, and he shal reigne for euer and euer. Amen.
16. And the foure and twentie Seniours which sit on their seats in the sight of God, fel on their faces, and adored God,
17. saying: We thanke thee Lord God omnipotent, which art, and which wast, and which shalt come: because thou hast receiued thy great power, and hast reigned.
18. And the Gentils were angrie, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, to be iudged, and to render reward to thy Seruants the Prophets and Saints, and to them that feare thy name, litle and great, and to destroy them that haue corrupted the earth.
19. And the Temple of God was opened in heauen: and the arke of his Testament was seen in his Temple, and there were made lightnings, and voices, and an earth-quake and great haile.