An Angel casteth the dragon (or diuel) bound, into the depth for a thousand yeares, in which
the soules of Martyrs in the first resurrection shal reigne with Christ. 7. After which yeares,
Satan being let loose, shal raise Gog & Magog, an innumerable armie, against the beloued citie: 9.
but a fire from heauen shal destroy them. 12. Then bookes are opened, and he that sitteth vpon the
throne, iudgeth al the dead according to their workes.
1. AND I saw an Angel descending from heauen, hauing the key of the bottomles depth, and a great chaine in his hand.
2. And he apprehended the dragon the old serpent, which is the Diuel and Satan, and bound him for a thousand yeares.
3. And he threw him into the depth, and shut him vp, and sealed ouer him, that he seduce no more the Nations, til the thousand yeares be consummate. And after these things he must be loosed a litle time.
4. And I saw seats: and they sate vpon them, and iudgement was giuen them, and the soules of the beheaded for the testimonie of Iesvs, and for the word of God, and that adored not the beast nor his image, nor receiued his character in their foreheads or in their hands, haue liued & reigned with Christ a thousand yeares.
5. The rest of the dead liued not, til the thousand yeares be consummate. This is the first resurrection.
6. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection. In these the second death hath not power: but they shal be Priests of God and of Christ: and shal reigne with him a thousand yeares.
7. And when the thousand yeares shal be consummate, Satan shal be loosed out of his prison, and shal goe forth and seduce the Nations that are vpon the foure corners of the earth, Gog, and Magog, and shal gather them into battel, the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
8. And they ascended vpon the bredth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the Saints, and the beloued citie.
9. And there came downe fire from God out of heauen, and deuoured them:
10. and the Diuel which seduced them, was cast into the poole of fire and brimstone, where both the beast & the False-prophet shal be tormented day and night for euer and euer.
11. And I saw a great white throne, and one sitting vpon it, from whose sight earth and heauen fled, and there was no place found for them.
12. And I saw the dead, great and litle, standing in the sight of the throne, and books were opened: and another booke was opened, which is of life: and the dead were iudged of those things which were written in the books according to their works.
13. And the sea gaue the dead that were in it, and death and hel gaue their dead that were in them, and it was iudged of euery one according to their workes.
14. And hel and death were cast into the poole of fire. This is the second death.
15. And he that was not found written in the booke of life, was cast into the poole of fire.