1. A beast rising vp out of the sea, hauing seuen heads and ten hornes & ten diademes, 6.
blasphemeth God, 7. and warre: against the Saints and destroieth them. 11. And another beast
rising out of the earth with two hornes, was altogether for the foresaid beast, constraining men
to make and adore the image thereof, and to haue the character of his name.
1. AND I saw a beast comming vo from the sea, hauing seuen heads, and ten hornes, & vpon his hornes ten diademes, and vpon his heads names of blasphemie.
2. And the beat which I saw, was like to a Libard, and his feet as of a Beare, and his mouth, as the mouth of a Lion. And the dragon gaue him his owne force and great power.
3. And I saw one of his heads as it were slaine to death: and the wound of his death was cured. And al the earth was in admiration after the beast.
4. And they adored the dragon which gaue power to the beast: and they adored the beast saying: Who is like to the beast? and who shal be able to fight with it?
5. And there was giuen to it a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies: and power was giuen to it to worke two and fourtie months.
6. And he opened his mouth vnto blasphemies toward God, to blaspheme his name, & his tabernacle, & those that dwel in heauen.
7. And it was giuen vnto him to make battail with the Saints, & to ouercome them. And power was giuen him vpon euery Tribe and people, and tongue, and Nation,
8. and al that inhabit the earth, adored it, whose names be not written in the booke of life of the Lamb, which was slaine from the beginning of the world.
9. If any man haue an eare, let him heare.
10. He that shal lead into captiuitie, goeth into captiuitie: he that shal kil in the sword, he must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of Saints.
11. And I saw another beast comming vp from the earth: and he had two hornes, like to a lamb, & he spake as a dragon.
12. And al the power of the former beast he did in his sight: and he made the earth and the inhabitants therein, to adore the first beast, whose wound of death was cured.
13. And he did great signes, so that he made also fire to come downe from heauen vnto the earth in the sight of men.
14. And he seduceth the inhabitants on the earth through the signes which were giuen him to doe in the sight of the beast, saying to them that dwel on the earth, that they should make the image of the beast which hath the stroke of the sword, and liued.
15. And it was giuen him to giue spirit to the image of the beast, and that the image of the beast should speake: and should make, that whosoeuer shal not adore the image of the beast, be slaine.
16. And he shal make al, litle & great, and rich and poore, and free-men and bond-men, to haue a character in their right hand, or in their foreheads.
17. And that no man may buie or sel, but he that hath the character, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18. Here is wisedom. He that hath vnderstanding, let him count the number of the beast. For it is the number of a man; and the number of him is sixe hundred sixtie sixe.