1. The Saints glorifying God for the iudgement pronounced vpon the harlot, 7. the mariage of
the Lamb is prepared. 10. The Angel refuseth to be adored of S. Iohn. 11. There apeareth one
(who is the Word of God, and the King of Kings and Lord of Lords) sitting on a horse, with a great
armie, and flighting against the beast and the Kings of the earth and their armies: 17. the birds
of the aire being in the meane time called to deuoure their flesh.
1. AFTER these things I heard as it were the voice of many multitudes in heauen saying, Allelu-ia. Praise, and glorie and power is to our God:
2. because true & iust are his iudgements which hath iudged of the great harlot, that hath corrupted the earth in her whoredom, and hath reuenged the bloud of his seruants, of her hands.
3. And againe they said, Allelu-ia. And her smoke ascendeth for euery and euer.
4. And the foure and twentie Seniours fel downe, and the foure beasts, & adored God sitting vpon the throne, saying: Amen, Allelu-ia.
5. And a voice came out from the throne, saying: Say praise to our God al ye his seruants: and you that feare him, litle and great.
6. And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, & as the voice of great thunders, saying, Allelu-ia: because our Lord God the omnipotent hath reigned.
7. Let vs be glad and reioyce, and giue glory to him: because the marriage of the Lamb is come, & his wife hath prepared herself.
8. And it was giuen to her that she clothe her self with silke glittering and white. For the silke are the iustifications of Saints.
9. And he said to me: Write, Blessed be they that are called to the supper of the marriage of the Lamb. And he said to me: These wordes of God, be true.
10. And I fel before his feete, to adore him. And he saith to me: See thou doe not; I am thy fellow-seruant, and of thy Brethren that haue the testimonie of Iesvs. Adore God. For the testimonie of Iesvs, is the spirit of prophecie.
11. And I saw heauen opened, and behold a white horse: and he that sate vpon him, was called Faithful and True, and with iustice he iudgeth & fighteth.
12. And his eyes as a flame of fire, and on his head many diademes, hauing a name written, which no man knoweth but himself.
13. And he was clothed with a garment sprinkled with bloud: and his name is called, The Word of God.
14. And the hostes that are in heauen followed him on white horses clothed in white and pure silke.
15. And out of his mouth proceedeth a sharp sword: that in it he may strike the Gentils. And he shal rule them in a rod of yron: and he treadeth the wine presse of the furie of the wrath of God omnipotent.
16. And he hath in his garment and in his thigh written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
17. And I saw one Angel standing in the sunne, & he cried with a loud voice saying to al the birds that did flie by the middes of heauen: Come and assemble together to the great supper of God:
18. that you may eate the flesh of horses and of them that sit on them, and of the flesh of al free-men and bond-men, and of litle and great.
19. And I saw the beast and the Kings of the earth, & their armies gathered to make warre with him that sate vpon the horse and with his armie.
20. And the beast was apprehended, and with him the false-Prophet: which wrought signes before him, wherewith he seduced them that tooke the character of the beast, and that adored his image. These two were cast aliue into the poole of fire burning also with brimstone.
21. And the rest were slaine by the sword of him that sitteth vpon the horse, which proceedeth out of his mouth: and al the birds were filled with their flesh.