4. The great dragon (the Diuel) watching the woman that brought forth a man child, to
deuoure it, God tooke away the child to himself, and fed the woman in the desert. 7. Michael
fighting with the dragon ouercommeth him. 13. Who being throwen downe to earth, persecuteth the
woman and her seed.
1. And a great signe appeared in heauen; a woman clothed with the sunne, and the moone vnder her feet, & on her head a crowne of twelue starres:
2. and being with child, she cried also traueling, and is in anguish to be deliuered.
3. And there was seen another signe in heauen, and behold a great red dragon hauing seuen heads, & ten hornes: and on his heads seuen diademes,
4. and his taile drew the third part of the starres of heauen, and cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be deliuered; that when she should be deliuered, he might deuoure her sonne.
5. And she brought forth a man child, who was to gouerne al Nations in an yron rodde; & her sonne was taken vp to God to his throne,
6. & the woman fled into the wildernesse where she had a place prepared of God, that there they might feed her a thousand two hundred sixtie daies.
7. And there was made a great battel in heauen, Michael and his Angels fought with the dragon, and the dragon fought and his Angels:
8. and they preualied not, neither was their place found any more in heauen.
9. And that great dragon was cast forth, the old serpent, which is called the Diuel and Satan, which seduceth the whole world: and he was cast into the earth, & his Angels were throwen downe with him.
10. And I heard a great voice in heauen saying: Now is there made saluation and force, and the Kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: because the accuser of our Brethren is cast forth, who accused them before the sight of our God day and night.
11. And they ouercame him by the bloud of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimonie, and they loued not their liues euen vnto death.
12. Therfore reioyce, o heauens, and you that dwel therein. Woe to the earth & to the sea, because the Deuil is descended to you, hauing great wrath, knowing that he hath a litle time.
13. And after the dragon saw that he was throwen into the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man-child:
14. and there were giuen to the woman two wings of a great Egle, that she might flie into the desert vnto her place, where she is nourished for a time & times, & halfe a time, from the face of the serpent.
15. And the serpent cast out of his mouth after the woman, water as it were a floud: that he might make her to be caried away with the floud.
16. And the earth holpe the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed vp the floud which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17. And the dragon was angrie against the woman: and went to make battel with the rest of her seed, which keep the commandements of God, and haue the testimonie of Iesvs Christ.
18. And he stood vpon the sand of the sea.