Likewise children and parents he exhorteth, 5. item seruants and maisters. 10. Then that al
take courage in the might of God, but so, that withal they arme themselues (considering what
mightie enemies they haue) with al peeces of spiritual armour, 18. praying alwaies feruently,
and for him also.
1. CHILDREN, obey your parents in our Lord. For this is iust.
2. Honour thy father & thy mother (which is the first commandment in the promise)
3. that it may be wel with thee & thou maiest be long-liued vpon the earth.
4. And you fathers, prouoke not your children to anger: but bring them vp in the discipline & correption of our Lord.
5. Seruants, be obedient to your Lords according to the flesh, with feare and trembling, in the simplicitie of your hart as to Christ:
6. not seruing to the eye, as it were pleasing men, but as the seruants of Christ doing the wil of God from the hart.
7. with a good wil seruing, as to our Lord and not to men.
8. Knowing that euery one what good soeuer he shal doe, that shal he receiue of our Lord, whether he be bond, or free.
9. And you Maisters, doe the same things to them, remitting threatenings: knowing that both their Lord and yours is in Heauen: and acceptation of Persons is not with him.
10. Hence-forth, Brethren, be strengthned in our Lord, and in the might of his power.
11. Put you on the armour of God, that you may stand against the deceits of the Diuel.
12. For our wrestling is not against flesh and bloud: but against Princes and Potestates, against the Rectours of the world of this darknes, against the spirituals of wickednes in the celestials.
13. Therfore take the armour of God, that you may resist in the euil day, and stand in al things perfect.
14. Stand therfore hauing your loines girded in truth, and clothed with the breast-plate of iustice,
15. & hauing your feet shod to the preparation of the Ghospel of peace:
16. in al things taking the shield of faith, wherwith you may extinguish al the firie darts of the most wicked one.
17. And take vnto you the helmet of saluation: and the sword of the spirit (which is the word of God)
18. in al praier and supplication praying at al time in spirit: and in the same watching in al instance and supplication for al the Saints:
19. and for me, that speach may be giuen me in the opening of my mouth with confidence, to make knowen the mysterie of the Ghospel,
20. for the which I am a Legate in this chaine, so that in it I may be bold according as I ought, to speake.
21. And that you also may know the things about me, what I doe, Tychicus my dearest Brother and faithful Minister in our Lord, wil make you vnderstand al things:
22. whom I haue sent to you for this same purpose, that you may know the things about vs, and he may comfort your harts.
23. Peace to the Brethren and charitie with faith from God the Father, and our Lord Iesvs Christ.
24. Grace with al that loue our Lord Iesvs Christ in incorruption. Amen.