He puteth them in mind of their vnworthines before they were Christians; that al the praise
may be giuen to the grace of God: 11. and of the enmitie that was then between the Iew and the
Gentil, 15. vntil not that Christ by his Crosse hath made both one, taking away the ceremonies
of the Law, and making one body, and building one holy Temple of al in his Catholike Church.
1. AND you when you were dead by your offenses and sinnes,
2. wherin sometime you walked according to the course of this world, according to the Prince of the power of this aire, of the spirit that now worketh on the children of dissidence,
3. in whom also we al conuersed sometime in the desires of our flesh, doing the wil of the flesh and of thoughts, and were by nature the children of wrath as also the rest:
4. but God (which is rich in mercie) for his exceeding charitie wherwith he loued vs,
5. euen when we were dead by sinnes, quickened vs together in Christ, (by whose grace you are saued,)
6. and raised vs vp with him, and hath made vs fit with him in the celestials in Christ Iesvs,
7. that he might shew in the worlds succeding, the aboundant riches of his grace, in bountie vpon vs in Christ Iesvs.
8. For by grace you are saued through faith (and that not of your selues, for it is the guift of God)
9. not of workes, that no man glorie.
10. For we are his worke, created in Christ Iesvs in good workes, which God hath prepared that we should walke in them.
11. For the which cause be mindful that sometime you were Gentils in the flesh, who were called prepuce of that which is called circumcision in the flesh, made with hand:
12. who were at that time without Christ alienated from the conuersation of Israel, and strangers of the Testaments, hauing no hope of the promise, and without God in this world.
13. But now in Christ Iesvs you that sometime were farre off, are made nigh in the bloud of Christ.
14. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and dissoluing the middle wal of the partition, the enmities in his flesh:
15. euacuating the law of commandements in decrees: that he may create the two in himself into one new man, making peace,
16. and may reconcile both in one body to God by the crosse, killing the enmities in himself.
17. And comming he euangelized peace to you that were farre off, and peace to them that were nigh.
18. For by him we haue accesse both in one Spirit to the Father.
19. Now then you are not strangers and forreiners: but you are citizens of the Saints, and the domesticals of God,
20. built vpon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Iesvs Christ himself being the highest corner-stone:
21. in whom al building framed together, groweth into an holy Temple in our Lord,
22. in whom you also are built together into an habitation of God in the holy Ghost.