If any doe sinne, the rest that doe the workes of the Holy Ghost, must not thefore take
pride in themselues, but rather make humilitie of it, partly by fearing their owne fal,
partly by looking straitly to their owne workes. 6. He exhorteth earnestly to good workes,
assuring them that they shal reap none other then here they sow. 11. With his owne hand he
writeth, telling them, the true cause why those false Apostles preach Circumcision, to be only to
please the Iewes: 17. and a plaine argument that he preacheth it not, to be this, that he is
persecuted of the Iewes.
1. BRETHREN, and if a man be preoccupated in any fault, you that are spiritual, instruct such an one in the spirit of lenitie, considering thine owne self, lest thou also be tempted.
2. Beare ye one anothers burdens: and so you shal fulfil the law of Christ.
3. For if any man esteeme himself to be some-thing, whereas he is nothing, he seduceth himself.
4. But let euery one proue his owne worke, and so in himself only shal he haue the glorie and not in another.
5. For euery one shal beare his owne burden.
6. And let him that is catechized in the word, communicate to him that catechizeth him, in al his goods.
7. Be not deceiued, God is not mocked.
8. For what things a man shal sow, those also shal he reap. For he that soweth in his flesh, of the flesh also shal reap corruption. But he that soweth in the spirit, of the spirit shal reap life euerlasting.
9. And doing good, let vs not faile. For in due time we shal reap not failing.
10. Therfore whiles we haue time, let vs worke good to al, but especially to the domesticals of the faith.
11. See with what manner of letters I haue written to you with mine owne hand.
12. Whosoeuer wil please in the flesh, they force you to be circumcised, only that they may not suffer the persecution of the crosse of Christ.
13. For neither they that are circumcised, doe keep the Law: but they wil haue you to be circumcised, that they may glorie in your flesh.
14. But God forbid that I should glorie, sauing in the crosse of our Lord Iesvs Christ; by whom the world is crucified to me, and I to the world.
15. For in Christ Iesvs neither circumcision auaileth ought, nor prepuce, but a new creature.
16. And whosoeuer shal follow this rule, peace vpon them, and mercie, and vpon the Israel of God.
17. From hence-forth let no man be troublesome to me. For I beare the markes of our Lord Iesvs in my body.
18. The grace of our Lord Iesvs Christ be with your spirit, Brethren. Amen.