Against the lie of the false Apostles, he protecteth his mind of Circumcision; 13. and
testifieth, that they are called to libertie. But yet lest any misconster Christian libertie,
he telleth them that they shal not inherit the Kingdom, vnles they abstaine from the workes of
the flesh, which are al mortal sinnes; and do the spiritual workes of the spirit, fulfilling al the
commandements of the Law by Charitie.
1. STAND, and be not holden in againe with the yoke of seruitude.
2. Behold I Paul tel you that if you be circumcised, Christ shal profit you nothing.
3. And I testifie againe to euery man circumciding himself, that he is a debter to doe the whole Law.
4. You are euacuated from Christ, that are iustified in the Law: you are fallen from grace.
5. For we in spirit, by faith, expect the hope of iustice.
6. For in Christ Iesvs neither circumcision auaileth ought, nor prepuce: but faith that worketh by charitie.
7. You ranne wel, who hath hindred you not to obey the truth?
8. The persuasion is not of him that calleth you.
9. A litle leauen corrupted the whole paste.
10. I haue confidence in you in our Lord, that you wil be of no other mind: but he that troubleth you, shal beare the iudgement, whosoeuer he be.
11. And as for me, Brethren, if as yet I preach circumcision, why doe I yet suffer persecution? then is the scandal of the crosse euacuated.
12. I would they were also cut-off that trouble you.
13. For you, Brethren, are called into libertie: only make not this libertie an occasion to the flesh, but by charitie serue one another.
14. For al the Law is fulfilled in one word: Thou shalt loue thy neighbour as thy self.
15. But if you bite and eate one another, take heed you be not consumed one of another.
16. And I say, walke in the spirit, and the lusts of the flesh you shal not accomplish.
17. For the flesh lusteth against the spirit, and the spirit against the flesh: for these are aduersaries one to another: that not what things soeuer you wil, these you doe.
18. But if you be led by the spirit, you are not vnder the Law.
19. And the workes of the flesh be manifest, which are fornication, vncleannes, impudicitie, lecherie,
20. seruing of Idols, witch-crafts, enmities, contentions, emulations, angers, brawles, dissensions, sects,
21. enuies, murders, ebrieties, commessations, and such like. Which I fore-tel you, as I haue fore-told you, that they which doe such things, shal not obteine the Kingdom of God.
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is, Charitie, ioy, peace, patience, benignitie, goodnes, longanimitie,
23. mildnes, fath, modestie, continencie, chastitie. Against such there is no law.
24. And they that be Christs, haue crucified their flesh with the vices and concupiscences.
25. If we liue in the spirit, in the spirit also let vs walke.
26. Let vs not be made desirous of vaine glorie, prouoking one another, enuying one another.