He exhorteth to instance in praier, 5 and to wisedom in behauiour. 7. He sendeth Tychicus 10.
He doeth commendations, 15 and inioyneth to be done.
1. YOV Maisters, that which is iust and equal, doe to your seruants: knowing that you also haue a Maister in heauen.
2. Be instant in praier; watching in it in thanks-giuing,
3. praying withal for vs also, that God may open vnto vs the doore of speach to speake the mysterie of Christ (for the which also I am bound)
4. that I may manifest it, so as I ought to speake.
5. Walke with wisedom toward them that be without; redeeming the time.
6. Your talke alwaies, in grace let it be seasoned with salt: that you may know how you ought to answer euery man.
7. The things that are about me, Tychicus, our dearest Brother, and faithful Minister, & fellow-seruant in our Lord, wil make you vnderstand al,
8. whom I haue sent to you for this same purpose, that he may know the things that concerne you, and may comfort your harts,
9. with Onesimus, the most deare and faithful Brother who is of you. Al things that are done here, shal they doe you to vnderstand.
10. Aristarchus my fellow-prisoner saluteth you, & Marke the cosingerman of Barnabas ( concerning whom you haue receiued commandements, If he come to you, receiue him)
11. and Iesus that is called Iustus: who are of the Circumcision. These only are my Coadiutours in the Kingdom of God: which haue been a confort to me.
12. Epaphras saluteth you who is of you, the seruant of Christ Iesvs, alwaies careful for you in prayers, that you may stand perfect and ful in al the wil of God.
13. For I giue him testimonie that he hath much labour for you, & for them that be at Laodicia, and that are at Hierapolis.
14. Luke, the most deare physicion, saluteth you; and Demas.
15. Salute the Brethren that are at Laodicia; and Nymphas, and the Church that is in his house.
16. And when the epistle shal be read with you, make that it be read also in the Church of the Laodicians: and that you read that which is of the Laodicians.
17. And say to Archippus: See the Ministerie which thou hast receiued of our Lord, that thou fufil it.
18. The salutation: with mine owne hand, Paules. Be mindful of my bands. Grace be with you. Amen.