1. COME together, be ye gathered together o nation not to be beloued:
2. before that the commandment bring forth the day as dust passing away, before the wrath of the furie of our Lord come vpon you, before the day of the indignation of our Lord come vpon you.
3. Seeke our Lord al ye meeke of the earth, which haue wrought his iudgement: seeke the iust, seeke the meeke: if by any meanes you may be hid in the day of the furie of our Lord.
4. Because Gaza is destroyed, and Ascalon as a desert, Azotus at noone they shal cast out, and Accaron shal be rooted out.
5. Wo to you that inhabite the cord of the sea, o nation of castawayes: the word of our Lord vpon you o Chanaan land of the Philisthims, and I wil destroy thee, so that there shal not be an inhabiter.
6. And the cord of the sea shal be the rest of pastours, and foldes of cattel.
7. And it be the cord of him, that shal remayne of the house of Iuda,there they shal feede: in the houses of Ascalon at euen they shal rest: because our Lord their God wil visite them, and turne away their captiuitie.
8. I haue heard the reproch of Moab, and the blasphemies of the children of Ammon, with which they haue upbrayded my people, and were magnified vpon their borders.
9. Therfore liue I, sayth the Lord of hosts the God of Israel, that Moab shal be as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrha, drynes of thornes, and heapes of salt, and a desert euen for euer: the remnant of my people shal spoile them, and the residue of my nation shal possesse them.
10. This shal befal them for their pride: because they haue blasphemed, and haue beene magnified vpon the people of the Lord of hosts.
11. Our Lord shal be dreadful vpon them, and shal attenuate al the goddes of the earth: and they shal adore him euerie man out of his owne place, al the ilands of the Gentils.
12. Yea and you Æthiopians shal be slaine with my sword.
13. And he wil stretch forth his hand vpon the North, and wil destroy Assur: and he wil lay the Beautiful as a wildernes, and as a place not passable, and as a desert.
14. And flockes shal lie in the middes therof, al the beastes of the Gentils: and onocratulus, and the irchin shal abide in the thresholdes therof: the voice of one singing in the window, the rauen on the vpper post, because I wil attenuate her strength.
15. This is the glorious citie dwelling in confidence: that sayd in her hart: I am, and beside me there is none other els: how is she become as a desert the couche for beastes? euerie one that passeth by her, shal hisse, and wag his hand.