What to preach both to old and yong (not only with word but with example also) and to seruants.
11 For there are al sorts in the Church, and they must be instructed accordingly.
1. BVT doe thou speake the things that become sound doctrine.
2. Old men that they be sober, σεμνοὺςο
pudicos. chast, wise, sound in the faith, in loue, in patience.
3. Old women in like manner in holy attire, not il speakers, not giuen to much wine: teaching wel,
4. that they may teach the yong women wisedom, to loue their husbands, to loue their children,
5. wise, chast, sober, hauing a care of the house, gentle, subiect to their husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
6. Yong men in like manner exhort that they be sober.
7. In al things shew thyself an example of good workes, in doctrine, in integritie, in grauitie,
8. the word sound, irreprehensible: that he which is on the contrarie part, may be afraid, hauing no euil to say of vs.
9. Eph. 6,5.
1. Pet. 2,18. Seruants to be subiect to their Maisters, in al things pleasing, not gainsaying:
10. not defrauding, but in al things shewing good faith, that they may adorne the doctrine of our Sauiour God in al things.
11. The Epistle at the first Masse on Christmas day, and vpon the Circumcision of our Lord. For the grace of God our Sauiour hath appeared to al men:
12. instructing vs that denying impietie and worldly desires, we liue soberly, and iustly, and godly in this world,
13. expecting the blessed hope and ἐπίφὰνειαν aduent of the glorie of the great God and our Sauiour Iesvs Christ,
14. who gaue himself for vs, that he might redeeme vs from al iniquitie, and might cleanse to himself a people acceptable, a pursuer of good workes.
15. These things speake, and exhort and rebuke Bishops must be stout & command in Gods cause and the people must in no wise disobey or contemne them. with al authoritie. Let no man contemne thee.