He thanketh God for their increase in faith and charitie, and constancie in persecution
(assuring them that they merit thereby the Kingdom of God, as their persecutours doe
damnation:) 11 and also praieth for their accomplishment.
1. PAVL and Syluanus and Timothee, to the Church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and our Lord Iesvs Christ.
2. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and our Lord Iesvs Christ.
3. We ought to giue thankes alwaies to God for you, Brethren, so as meet is, because you faith increaseth exceedingly, and the charitie of eueryone of you aboundeth towards each other:
4. so that we our selues also glorie in you in the Churches of God, for your patience, and faith in al your persecutions and tribulations, which you sustaine
5. for an example of the iust iudgement of God, that you may be counted worthie of the Kingdom of God, for the which also you suffer.
6. If yet it be iust with God to repay tribulation, to them that vexe you:
7. and to you that are vexed, rest with vs in the reuelation of our Lord Iesvs from Heauen with the Angels of his power,
8. in flame of fire, giuing reuenge to them that know not God, and that obey not the Ghospel of our Lord Iesvs Christ.
9. Who shal suffer eternal paines in destruction, from the face of our Lord and from the glorie of his power:
10. when he shal come to be glorified in his Saints, and to be made maruelous in al them that haue beleeued, because our testimonie concerning you was credited in that day.
11. Wherein also we pray alwayes for you, that our God make you worthie of his vocation, and accomplish al the good pleasure of his goodnesse & the worke of faith in power,
12. that the name of our Lord Iesvs Christ may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God, and of our Lord Iesvs Christ.