That he helpeth with his exhortations, and in al things behaueth himself as becometh a
Minister of God. 11. Which he speaketh so openly, because his hart is open vnto them: exhorting
them to be likewise open-harted towards him, 14. and to auoid those infidels.
1. AND we helping doe exhort, that you receiue not the grace of God in vaine.
2. (For he saith: In time accepted haue I heard thee; and in the day of saluation haue I holpen thee. Behold, now is the time acceptable: behold not the day of saluation.)
3. to no man giuing any offence, that our ministerie be not blamed:
4. but in al things let vs exhibit our selues as the Ministers of God, in much patience, in tribulations, in necessities, in distresses,
5. in stripes, in prisons, in seditions, in labours, in watchings, in fastings,
6. in chastitie, in knowledge, in longanimitie, in sweetnes, in the Holy Ghost, in charitie not feined,
7. in the word of truth, in the vertue of God; by the armour of iustice on the right hand on the left,
8. by honour and dishonour, by infamie and good fame: as seducers, and true: as they that are unkowen, and knowen:
9. as dying, and behold we liue: as chastened, & not killed:
10. as sorrowful, but alwaies reioycing: as needie, but enriching many: as hauing nothing, and possessing al things.
11. Our mouth is open to you, ô Corinthians, our hart is dilated.
12. You are not straitned in vs: but in your owne bowels you are straitned.
13. But hauing the same reward (I speake as to my children) by you also dilated.
14. Beare not the yoke with infidels. For what participation hath iustice with iniquitie? or what societie is there between light and darknes?
15. And what agreement with Christ and Belial? or what part hath the faithful with the infidel>
16. And what agreement hath the Temple of God with the Idols? For you are the Temple of the liuing God: as God saith, That I wil dwel, and walke in them, and wil be their God; and they shal be my people.
17. For the which cause, Goe out of the middes of them, and separate your selues, saith our Lord, and touch not the vncleane: and I wil receiue you.
18. and I wil be a Father to you: and you shal be my sonnes & daughters, saith our Lord omnipotent.