That according as so glorious a ministerie requireth, he liueth and preacheth sincerely,
7. the which glorie his Aduersaries can not count vaine, considering his persecutions: because
persecution is to God's glorie, and to our humilitie and hope, and meritorious of increase of
grace in this life, and of most glorious bodies and soules afterward.
1. THERFORE hauing this ministration; according as we haue obteined mercie, we faile not,
2. but we renounce the secret things of dishonestie, not walking in craftines, nor adulterating the word of God, but in manifestation of the truth commending our-selues to euery conscience of men before God.
3. And if you Ghospel be also hid, in them that perish it is hid,
4. in whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of the infidels, that the illumination of the Ghospel of the glorie of Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine to them.
5. For we preach not our-selues, but Iesvs Christ our Lord: and vs, your seruants by Iesvs:
6. because God that commanded light to shine of darknes, he hath shined in our harts to the illumination of the knowledge of the glorie of God, in the face of Christ Iesvs.
7. But we haue this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellencie may be of the power of God, and not of vs.
8. In al things we suffer tribulation, but are not in distresse: we want, but are not destitute:
9. we suffer persecution, but are not forsaken: we are cast downe, but we perish not:
10. alwaies bearing about in our body the mortification of Iesvs, that the life also of Iesvs may be manifested in our bodies.
11. For we that liue are alwaies deliuered vnto death for Iesvs: that the life also of Iesvs may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
12. Death then worketh in vs, but life in you.
13. And hauing the same spirit of faith, as it is written: I beleeued, for the which cause I haue spoken, we also beleeue, for the which cause we speake also:
14. knowing that he which raised vp Iesvs, wil raise vp vs also with Iesvs and set vs with you.
15. For al things are for you: that the grace abounding by many in giuing of thanks, may abound vnto the glorie of God.
16. For which cause we faile not: but although that our man which is without, corrupt: yet that which is within, is renewed from day to day.
17. For that our tribulation which presently is momentanie & light, worketh aboue measure exceedingly an eternal weight of glorie in vs,
18. we not considering the things that are seen, but that are not seen. For the things that be seen, are temporal: but those that be not seen, are eternal.