He driueth into them the feare of excommunication: to the end that they doing penance
before-hand, he may not be compelled to vse his authoritie when he commeth, and as he hath
threatned. 11. And so with a general exhortation he endeth.
1. LOE this the third time I come vnto you: In the mouth of two or three witnesses shal euery word stand.
2. I fore-told and doe fore-tel as present, and now absent, to them that sinned before, and al the rest, that if I come againe, I wil not spare.
3. Seeke you an experiment of him that speaketh in me, Christ; who in you is not weake, but is mightie in you?
4. For although he was crucified of infirmitie; yet he liueth by the power of God. For we also are weake in him: but we shal liue with him by the power of God on you.
5. Trie your owne selues if you be in the faith, proue ye your selues. Know you not your selues that Christ Iesvs is in you, vnlesse perhaps you be reprobates.
6. But I hope you know that we are not reprobates.
7. And we pray to God, that you doe no euil, not that we may appeare approued, but that you may doe that which is good, and we be as reprobates.
8. For we can not any thing against the truth; but for the truth.
9. For we reioyce, for that we are weake, and your are mightie. This also we pray for, your consummation.
10. Therfore these things I write absent: That being present I may not deale hardly according to the power which our Lord hath giuen me vnto edification and not vnto destruction.
11. For the rest, Brethren, reioyce, be perfect, take exhortation, be of one mind, haue peace; and the God of peace & loue shal be with you.
12. Salute one another in a holy kisse. Al the Saints salute you.
13. The grace of our Lord Iesvs Christ, and the charitie of God, and the communication of the Holy Ghost be with you al. Amen.