He thanketh God for them, 4 and gathereth that they are elect, because his preaching at their
first connection was with diuine power, and they on the otherside receiued it with al ioy, not
withstanding the great persecution that was raised against them.
1. PAVL and Syluanus and Timothee to the Church of the Thessalonians in God the Father, and our Lord Iesvs Christ. Grace to you and peace.
2. We giue thankes to God alwaies for al you; making a memorie of you in praiers without intermission,
3. mindful of the worke of your faith and labour, and of the charitie, & of the enduring of the hope of our Lord Iesvs Christ, before God and our Father:
4. knowing, Brethren beloued of God, your election:
5. that our Ghospel hath not been to you in word only, but in power & the holy Ghost, & in much fulnesse, as you know what manner of men we haue been among you for your sakes.
6. And you became followers of vs, & our Lord; receiuing the word in much tribulation, with ioy of the Holy Ghost:
7. so that you were made a paterne to al that beleeue in Macedonia & in Achaia.
8. For from you was bruited the word of our Lord: not only in Macedonia and in Achaia, but also in euery place, your faith which is to God-ward, is proceeded, so that it is not necessarie for vs to speake any thing.
9. For they themselues report of vs what manner of entring we had to you; and how you are turned to God from Idols, to serue the liuing and true God,
10. and to expect his Sonne from Heauen (whom he raised vp from the dead) Iesvs, who hath deliuered vs from the wrath to come.