It is not for the sonnes of God, to sinne mortally, but for the sonnes of the Diuel, wherby
they are knowen one from another, & not by only faith. 11. True faith is, that we also loue our
Brethren, giuing both our life and substance for them. 19. Such vnfeined loue may haue great
confidence before God. 23. Because the keeping of his commandements doth much please him, which he
consist in faith and charitie.
1. SEE what manner of charitie the Father hath giuen vs, that we should be named and be the sonnes of God. For this cause the world doth not know vs, because it hath not knowen him.
2. My Dearest, now we are the sonnes of God; & it hath not yet appeared what we shal be. We know that when he shal appeare, we shal be like to him: because we shal see him as he is.
3. And euery one that hath this hope in him, sanctifieth himself, as he also is holy.
4. Euery one that committeth sinne, committeth also iniquitie: and sinne is iniquitie.
5. And you know that he appeared to take away our sinnes: and sinne in him there is none.
6. Euery one that abideth in him, sinneth not: and euery one that sinneth, hath not seen him, nor knowen him.
7. Litle children, let no man seduce you. He that doeth iustice, is iust: euen as he also is iust.
8. He that committeth sinne, is of the diuel: because the diuel sinneth from the beginning. For this, appeared the Sonne of God, that he might dissolue the workes of the diuel.
9. Euery one that is borne of God, committeth not sinne: because his seed abideth in him, and he can not sinne because he is borne of God.
10. In this are the children of God manifest, and the children of the diuel. Euery one that is not iust, is not of God, and he that loueth not his brother.
11. Because this is the annuntiation, which you haue heard from the beginning, That you loue one another.
12. Not as Cain, who was of the wicked, and killed his brother. And for what cause killed he him? Because his workes were wicked: but his brother, iust.
13. Maruel not, Brethren, if the world hate you.
14. We know that we are translated from death to life, because we loue the Brethren. He that loueth not, abideth in death.
15. Whosoeuer hateth his brother, is a murderer. And you know that no murderer hath life euerlasting abiding in himself.
16. In this we haue knowen the charitie of God, because he hath yealded his life for vs: and we ought to yeald our liues for the Brethren.
17. He that shal haue the substance of the world, and shal see his brother haue need, and shal shut his bowels from him: how doth the charitie of God abide in him?
18. My litle children, let vs not loue in word, nor in tongue but in deed and truth.
19. In this we know that we are of the truth: and in his sight we shal persuade our harts.
20. For if our hart doe reprehend vs, God is greater then our hart, and knoweth al things.
21. My Dearest, if our hart doe not reprehend vs, we haue confidence toward God.
22. And whatsoeuer we shal aske, we shal receiue of him: because we keep his commandements, and doe those things which are pleasing before him.
23. And this is his commandement, that we beleeue in the name of his Sonne Iesvs Christ: and loue one another, as he hath giuen commandement vnto vs.
24. And he that keepeth his commandements, abideth in him, and he in him. And in this we know that he abideth in vs, by the Spirit which he hath giuen vs.